Bypass Windows Geniune Advantage Validation
So, recently you've updated your version of windows, and that pesky Validation tool slipped into windows, and now it says you have an illegal version of windows?!?!!?
No problem, Follow these nifty steps and get it off your machine for ever!
1. reboot your pc into safe mode (usually f8 on reboot)
2. Go to your "My Computer" and to the drive which holds your windows install (usually C:\)
3. Once in the windows home drive go to the windows folder, then go to system32
4. In c:\windows\system32 find the file named "wgatray.exe" and delete it.
5. Now in the system32 folder, also find the folder called dllcache and delete the same file "wgatray.exe" and or "wgatray"
6. Now go to your Start Menu and then to the run box.
7. In the run box type in regedit and hit your enter key.
8. Navigate to the following in the left hand pane. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENT VERSION\WIN LOGON\NOTIFY
9. Delete the folder named wgalogon and all of it's contents.
10. Reboot your PC and you will not be hassled by this pesky bastard any longer
Make sure from now on when you do your windows updates, you do the downloads manually (control panel and windows update) Just now, do not choose to install the validation tool.
My youtube video of this?
*[note by Halla]
youtube vid go down? Want a local copy? Download it here in .avi format.
Rating: - 5 out of 1 votes